Here are the secrets and my husband's absolute favorite cookie, ever. They’re perfectly crispy and brings out the nutty flavor and seriously can't stop eating those god damn cookies.
Makes 50 pieces
• 2 large, 74g egg whites
• 60g granulated sugar
• 6g almond extract
• 10g corn oil
• 30g cake flour
• a pinch of sea salt
• 75g toasted flaked almonds
1) In a large bowl, Add egg whites, granulated sugar and corn oil. Gradually sift cake flour, a pinch of sea salt, then add almond extract. Mixing just until incorporated. Place in the fridge at least 1 hour or overnight.
2) I just put flaked almonds in a frying pan on low heat, for about 2-3 minutes. Stir every 30 seconds or so to prevent them from burning on one side.
3) Before baking, Add the toasted flaked almonds and combine well. Spoon 1 teaspoon of batter onto prepared silicone baking mat. Use spoon and fork to spread a thin layer into 2 inch circle. Make sure the almonds flakes are not overlapping.
4) Baked at 130C, Fan oven for 18 minutes or until the cookies is just starting to brown. Keep a close eye on baking, if not they will go burn. Remove from baking mat and cool completely on wire rack. Cookies can generally be stored in a sealed, airtight container at room temperature for 1 week.
1) To make sure your cookies to succeed even better. It is best to use an oven thermometer and you'll always have the exact temperature of your oven in mind.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk