My recipe for a super light, soft and fluffy vanilla sponge cake. Quick and simple sponge cake bases and ready to decorate whatever you like. You can make a Christmas or Birthday really special or even let the birthday king or queen help decorate their own birthday cake.
4) Pour the mixture into 6 inch round baking pan. Bang the pan 2-3 times to remove any air bubbles.
6) Transfer the cake to a plate for serving or use as the basic for a range of fabulous christmas or birthday cake. Any leftover cake can be covered and kept in the fridge for 2 days.
1) Be careful not to open the oven during the baking process.
2) Over mixing cake batter can result in a heavy, sinking fast, closed to rubbery texture.
3) Cut a path down and don't stir and never use an electric mixer for mixing.
4) Cakes shrink or wet if they're not baked thoroughly.