Friday, 14 April 2017
Friday, 7 April 2017
• 2kg gressingham whole duck
• 4 tbsp chinese angelica powder
• 4 tbsp sichuan peppercorn powder
• 3 tbsp chinese five spice powder
• 2 tbsp cinnamon ground
• 3 tbsp brown sugar
• 3 tbsp sea salt
• 2 pieces dried mandarin peel
• 6 pieces anise stars
• 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
• 5 tbsp hoisin sauce
Prepare a pot of boilling water:
• 6-8 cups water
• 3 stalks spring onion
• 3 pieces ginger Slices
• 1 cup vinegar
• ½ cup golden syrup
I drain off all the duck juices into a bowl and separate the fat for baking potatoes, because it's a wonderful crisps with a deliciously golden color and rich taste. then pour the liquid through a strainer and mix with hoisin dipping sauce, (blue dragon). This is the best sauce recipe, you'll ever try.
Chinese steamed buns or pancakes, spring onions and cucumber sliced into long thin strips, for garnish
1) In a bowl, Mix together the hoisin sauce, chinese angelica powder, sichuan peppercorn powder, chinese five spice powder, cinnamon ground, brown sugar, dried mandarin peel, anise stars, dark soy sauce and sea salt. Spoon some of the marinade inside the duck. Secure openings excess skin with wooden skewer or toothpicks. Rub the mixture all over inside and out. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate at least 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator. It helps bring out the great flavour to it.
2) In a large pot, add water, ginger slices, spring onion, vinegar and golden syrup bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Pouring boilling water over the duck skin, about 15 times, for wonderful crispness before baking.
3) Allow the duck to stand in roaster tray and Use a cooling fan to speed up the drying process, about 18 hours, or uncovered 2 days on a rack in the fridge.
4) Preheat the oven to 200C. always use oven thermometer and bake with both top and bottom heat with fan assisted. Put the duck breast side up in a roasting pan and roast for 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Turn the heat down to 150C .Roast for 40 minutes or until skin is crisp and meat is cooked. (Baking time depends on the size of the duck).
5) For the sauce, see (D).
6) Carve and slice some duck. Place a teaspoon of the sauce in the center of each steamed bun, add a couple slices of duck, garnish with the spring onion and cucumbers and serve immediately for a mouthwatering main course.
1) Transfer dried chinese angelica to a blender and Use a same blender, and blend the szechuan pepper into powdered.
2) Please understand that everyone's oven work differently.
3) Secret to the crispy skin is to make sure the duck is completely free of moisture and completely dry then you get crispy skin every time
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk
Tuesday, 4 April 2017
Saturday, 1 April 2017
This is a yummy whipped cream cupcakes topped with fresh fruits and that turned out to be one of the best cupcakes I ever tasted. Cake toppers aren't always required. It's delicious, melt-in your mouth goodness and buttery flavored, also made using the cooked dough method. I believe you can make so much better than the store bought bakery and make this looks as gorgeus into a special treat or make a birthday really special.
• 70g butter
• 56g milk
• 40g sugar
• 92g, 4 egg yolks
• 96g cake flour
• a pinch of salt
• 140g, 4 egg whites
• 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
• 80g sugar
• mango chunks
or choose your favorite fruits
For the cream:
• 568ml double cream
You will need 20 cupcake baking cups 5.5cm x 4.5cm / 2.2'' x 1.7''.
1) In a saucepan, heat the butter, over medium low heat, turn it off if the oil starting to bubbles. add milk and sugar, stir until melted. Add the eggs one at a time and and beat for 5 seconds, add a pinch of sea salt and sift in the cake flour and whisk until smooth.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk (B) egg whites until foamy then add cream of tartar and sugar a little bit at a time until to a thick and stiff peak stage, about 3 minutes.
3) Strain the cooked dough through a large strainer for extra smooth. Gently fold until the whites and yolk mixture to incorporated. be careful do not over mix if not your cake won't rise.
4) Pour the mixture into 20 baking cups 5.5cm x 4.5cm / 2.2'' x 1.7''. Bang the pan 2-3 times to remove any air bubbles.
5) Without a hot water bath, Fan oven 150°C bake for 25 minutes, or until cake tests done. Leave to cool in the oven with the door open, for at least 5 minutes and remove the cake from oven and bang your pan again, prevent it from shrinking when it cools down.
6) Use a sharp knife to peel (C) and cut the mango and kiwi into chunks. gently rinse the stawberries and blueberries under cold water, drain immediately. Cut any shape you want. Refrigerate until ready to use.
7) In the meantime, whip the (D) double cream until can hold a stiff peak, about 4 minutes. Do not over beat. Refrigerate it, before using if needed.
8) Spread whipped cream on cake top and decorate with fresh fruits and sprinkle the sanding sugar over the tops. Transfer the cupcakes to a plate for serving. Any leftover cake can be covered and kept in the fridge for overnight.
1) Be careful not to open the oven during the baking process.
2) Over mixing cake batter can result in a heavy, sinking fast, closed to rubbery texture.
3) Cut a path down and don't stir and never use an electric mixer for mixing.
4) Cakes shrink or wet if they're not baked thoroughly.
5) I used cold eggs in most of my cake recipes.
6) Place egg whites in a clean, dry bowl, completely free from any grease, oil or water.
Beating egg whites is a very important process, It will help your cakes rise with perfectly.
7) Do not under or over beat the egg whites. As soon as the white have reached to stiff peak stage and fold them into your batter and bake immediately.
8) Do not bake the cake quickly at a high temperature and don't remove hot cake out of a baking pan. otherwise the cake could deflated, shrinks or crack on top.
9) Please understand that everyone's oven work differently. You should also check the temperature of your oven. if not, your cake won't rise well.
10) Do you have a favorite brand of butter? Yes, Kerrygold Salted Butter and Tesco British Butter.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk
Tuesday, 28 March 2017
Friday, 24 March 2017
• 2 cups bread flour
• 4 tbsp cake flour
• 2 tsp allinson yeast
• 1 cup cold milk
• 4 tsp sugar
1 tbsp olive oil
---35g each dough---
---25g each dough---
2 egg yolks
4 tbsp granulated sugar
40g salted butter ( at room temperature)
11 tbsp desiccated coconut
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
For the topping:
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp hot water
Mix well and ready to use
You can also melt the golden syrup in a pan or melt the salted butter and brush the buns in the middle baking and after baking, It will give a nice shine.
1) Place the (A) ingredients, bread flour, cake flour, yeast, cold milk and sugar into the bread pan. close the lid gently.
2) Press the MENU button until desired program ''raw dough'' is selected. so that the machine does all the mixing and kneading. Once the process has been completed ''stir 1'', open the lid, add 1 tbsp olive oil to the bread pan, and continue ''stir 2'' until beeps will signal.
3) Press the MENU button until you reach ''ferment''. The bread maker will allow your dough to rise for 30 minutes giving the dough more depth flavor or until beep to signal and then you take it out of the machine.
4) Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, punch down the dough, and cut into 2 equal pieces. Cut each piece 35g, into 18 pieces total. Scoop a tablespoon of filling onto the centre. Pull and pinch the edges of the dough together. Repeat with the remaining dough and place on the baking tray.
5) Rise in the oven with boiled water on the underneath for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until double or triple in sized. Bake in the preheated oven 150°c, until the buns are golden brown, about 30 minutes. (Baking time depends on the size and shape of the bread being baked).
6) Brushing the crust with sugar water or melted butter in the middle baking. Sprinkle each bun with a few desiccated coconut on top. Had a yummy buns and a cuppa tea, and could not fault it at all.
1) Yeast is best stored in the refrigerator, as the fungud in it will be killed at high temperatures. Before using yeast check the production date and storage life of your yeast. Refrigerate it as soon as possible after each use. The main cause of bread failling to rise is bad yeast.
2) You still can use the same recipe and knead by hand or stand mixer instead.
3) This buns will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days at room temperature or up to 1 month in the freezer.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk